Different Biofeedback techniques exist and can be used to alleviate psychological and physical health difficulties . Some of them are:
- Muscle Tension biofeedback: This technique records and gives you information about your body’s muscle tension using a device called the electromyogram.
- Thermal biofeedback: This measures skin temperature using electrical sensors on the feet and hand. Temperature often drops when stress levels increases and so a low reading can prompt the use of relaxation techniques.
- Galvanic skin response training: This technique measures the activity of your sweat glands and the amount of perspiration on your skin.
- Heart rate Variability Biofeedback: This type of biofeedback helps you control your heart rate to improve blood pressure, lung function, and reduce stress and anxiety.
- Neurofeedback: This technique measures brain wave activity by the placement of sensors on the scalp. The brain waves are monitored using an Electroencephalograph. Optimal brain functioning can be attained with this technique.