“Wouldn’t it be powerful if you fell in love with yourself so deeply that you would do just about anything if you knew it would make you happy?
This is precisely how much life loves you and wants you to nurture yourself.
The deeper you love yourself, the more the universe will affirm your worth.
Then you can enjoy a lifelong love affair that brings you
the richest fulfillment from inside out”
– Alan Cohen
Thank God for mirrors! It is a wonderful tool that can show you a view of what you look like physically but it is limited because it really can’t show you what you have on your inside.
No matter what you have struggled with in the past from having a low self-esteem to feeling inferior, feeling unwanted or ugly… the moment you begin to accept yourself, refuse to seek/depend on people’s approval of you, develop a healthy self-esteem and gradually love yourself one step at a time, you’ll notice that overtime that same mirror will reveal a more beautiful you!
But do you know that it’s actually not the mirror, it’s you….
because you now accept yourself and love yourself more, everything begins to align to the new perception of yourself EVEN YOUR MIRROR!
Here is how to begin loving yourself
- Start by being aware of something good about yourself, it may be as little as your hair texture or length, your nails, your eyes or any other body parts that you see as attractive. It may not necessarily be a body part it could be a character trait, the way you smile or your personality….
- Next, start appreciating that good aspect then you’ll realize that your eyes will be opened to see other beautiful aspects of you too. You’ll be shocked at how much beauty you had locked up all these years.
- Remember those parts of you that you were uncomfortable with? Start seeing them in a better way and if you feel a need to work on them like exercising more and eating healthier then you can do so, BUT, do so for yourself so that you can be healthy and not for someone else. Remember that on your journey to achieving your goals, you need to love yourself every step of the way.
- Give yourself a second chance by forgiving yourself easily when you go wrong. Be optimistic and believe in yourself always.
- Be affirmative by speaking positive words concerning yourself “I can do this” “I will be the best me today” I am attractive”, I am a valuable person” etc.
When you love yourself, you create your own happiness. Click HERE to learn more about creating Happiness.
When you wake up in the morning, take a look into the mirror and let your reflection be the first sight you fall in love with every day. Don’t forget that your relationship with others will be more fulfilling when you have a fulfilling relationship with your own self.
Kindly follow me on twitter @Drmorayojimoh for more #Lovetalks