You are as amazing as you let yourself be.
Let me repeat that:
You are as amazing as you let yourself be. -Elizabeth Alraune
Throughout life, you become more self-aware and build certain images of yourself as a result of experiences with different people and situations such as experiences during childhood- how you were treated by your family, teachers and others, how your failures and victories were handled and what was modelled to you. All these contribute to the formation of your self-esteem. Simply put, self-esteem is the overall evaluation of yourself, your overall sense of worth or personal value. It is can be high or low.
- Feeling worthless
- Getting depressed easily
- Seeking approval from others to feel good.
- Constant self –blame
- Lack of confidence
- Eating disorders
- Social withdrawal
On the other hand, having a high self-esteem involves having a positive attitude towards yourself, resulting in loving yourself completely. These are some attributes of people with a high self-esteem:
- More self-respect
- Feeling worthy of Love and approval
- Complete acceptance of themselves (they know that they have flaws and make mistakes but are willing to become better)
- Sense of direction
- Adventurous (open to changes)
- Sense of purpose
- Consciously enjoy life
- Have successful relationships
Breaking away from the limitations of having negative attitude towards yourself will involve consciously eliminating old patterns of negative beliefs and attitudes and building new patterns that promote positive attitude towards yourself.
MINDFULNESS AS A TOOL TO BOOST YOUR SELF-ESTEEM
Being mindful will help you build a more positive self-esteem in the following ways:
- When you are mindful, you are in control of what you do. Therefore you can choose to love yourself better.
- With mindfulness, you are able to regulate your emotions.
- It will help train your mind to observe thoughts, feelings and sensations objectively.
- It helps in developing more self-acceptance and helps you build compassion for others too. When you accept yourself, then you can love yourself more.
Watch yourself become better as you build on your self-esteem by practicing mindfulness. Your life becomes less complicated and you find more happiness when you love yourself more. To find out more about mindfulness visit: wwww.mobilehealthconsult.org .
Remember, it is easier to love other people when you love yourself.